Donate Your Time: Volunteer at the Y!
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful and enduring change right in your own neighborhood.
Volunteer Coordinator: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Volunteer Coordinator at The YMCA of South Collier fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing and determined while also recruiting, placing and tracking volunteers within the Y.
- Works with others to determine current needs for volunteers and to develop strategies for volunteer recruitment and placement (not including policy volunteers).
- Recruits diverse volunteer pools across multiple dimensions of diversity. Screens volunteers and forwards copies of applications to appropriate supervisors. Onboards and develops staff and volunteers for success. Recognizes volunteer contributions.
- Identifies and builds relationships with Internal and/or external partners or key stakeholders (e.g., local high schools and colleges) to support programs or projects. Makes presentations to outside groups regarding the benefits of volunteering at the YMCA.
- Maintains volunteer flies, tracks, and reports volunteer hours, and generates volunteer reports monthly.
Child Care: The Marco Y always needs volunteers to help with afterschool, summer camp, early learning and YMCA READS! You can help by:
- being a story time reader
- by helping prepare project supplies for teachers
- helping with special events
- being a homework assistant in afterschool program
- being a playground helper
- shining as a YREADS! mentor
- or as a computer instructor in our state of the art computer lab
- assisting with administrative work, i.e. phone calls, copying, filling, typing
Healthy Living: help us provide a quality wellness experience for Y members and fitness seekers – volunteer with our Healthy Living Director!
- Fitness Center attendants
- Health Educators
- Members for a Fitness Center Advisory Board
Special Events: There is always room for volunteers at the many community events the Y either organizes or partners with others to organize. If you’re looking for just a one day or one half day time to volunteer, check this out!
- Golf Tournament
- Santa’s Calling
- Daddy Daughter Dance
- Love of the Y
- Tour de Marco
- Marco Mutts & Margaritas
- Healthy Kids Day
- Taste of Marco
Other areas that may interest you include the following.
Family programs craft classes, lectures, Parent’s Night Out, special events and decorations!
Youth Sports referees and coaches!
Aquatics program helpers and general upkeep.
Green Thumb Project is for you if you love to get your hands in the dirt and work with school age kids.
The Bread Run pick up and drop off donated bread from Publix.