DONATE YOUR TIME
Donate your time: Volunteer at the Y!
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful and enduring change right in your own neighborhood.
Child Care: The Marco Y always needs volunteers to help with afterschool, summer camp, early learning and YMCA READS! You can help by:
- being a story time reader
- by helping prepare project supplies for teachers
- helping with special events
- being a homework assistant in afterschool program
- being a playground helper
- shining as a YREADS! mentor
- or as a computer instructor in our state of the art computer lab
- assisting with administrative work, i.e. phone calls, copying, filling, typing
Healthy Living: help us provide a quality wellness experience for Y members and fitness seekers – volunteer with our Healthy Living Director!
- Cornerman/woman who works out with people with Parkinson’s Disease in our Rock Steady Boxing program
- Fitness Center attendants
- Health Educators
- Members for a Fitness Center Advisory Board
- Mentors for 8th Grand Wonder Girls, Boys
Special Events: There is always room for volunteers at the many community events the Y either organizes or partners with others to organize. If you’re looking for just a one day or one half day time to volunteer, check this out!
- Boo-tacular, October 27, 2017
- Reindeer Run, November 29, 2017
- Golf Tournament, December 9, 2017
- Street Parade, December 16, 2017
- Santa’s Calling, December 16, 2017
- Black & White Gala, January 25, 2018
- Daddy Daughter Dance,
- Love of the Y, February 10 & 11 2018
- Tour de Marco, February 25, 2018
- Mutts & Martinis, March 14, 2018
- Taste of Marco, April 8, 2018
- Healthy Kids Day, April 21, 2018
Other areas that may interest you include the following.
Family programs include craft classes, lectures, Parent’s Nite Out, special events and decorations!
Youth Sports always needs referees and coaches!
Aquatics needs program helpers and general cleaning, repainting and so on.
Green Thumb Project is for you if you love to get your hands in the dirt and work with school age kids.
The Bread Run, filling your car with donated bread from Publix and delivering to families at the Lipman site.
Then there’s always the Front Desk and the Back Office and volunteering to make copies, filing, or as a Greeter in the main lobby or maybe a Tour Guide!
|Child Care – Early Learning||Stephanie Pepper||(239) 394-3144 x 105|
|Child Care – Afterschool, Summer Camp||Charlene Garcia||(239) 394-3144 x 116|
|YMCA READS!||Esta Alliker||(239) 394-3144 x 114|
|Healthy Living||Hannah Heidenreich||(239) 394-3144|
|Aquatics, Youth Sports||Lee Pinkham||(239) 394-3144 x 106|
|Green Thumb, Back Office||Donna Johnston||(239) 394-3144 x 125|
|Togetherhood||Allyson Richards||(239) 394-3144|
|Front Desk, Front Office||Deborah Passero||(239) 394-3144 x 119|
Thank you for your generosity. As the nation’s leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses your gift to make a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.
The Greater Marco YMCA is a registered 501(c)3 organization. 100% of your gift is tax deductible.