Education, Recreation & Performance
Pickleball for all! The YMCA of South Collier has Pickleball programs for a wide range of ages and skill levels. We offer lessons, Junior Pickleball, clinics, tournaments, and social events to all of our members and community participants. Let our certified and experienced professionals help you start or sharpen your game.
The YMCA Pickleball Center is one of the finest of its kind for education, recreation and performance. We currently have 5 covered courts in our Airnasium and the BRAND NEW 9 court Pickleball Center is NOW OPEN! We still need your help to make these courts the BEST they can be! Please consider donating to the Pickleball Campaign or donating toward the naming rights for a court, social area, table, bench, or a custom brick paver. Click HERE to see all of our donation options and for progress pictures!
Pickleball is included in every YMCA membership. All members can reserve free court time, attend social events, and benefit from member rates for clinics and instruction.
The Pickleball Center is open Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm and Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-4:00pm. Our covered Pickleball courts are currently available for open play Tuesday & Thursday 6:00-8:00pm and Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-12:00pm.
Organized Round Robin play is held:
- Mon/Wed/Fri 9am-Noon Intermediate/Advanced Levels
- Tues/Thurs 9am-Noon Beginner/Intermediate Levels
- Free to Y members/$15 Non-Marco Y Members
. To sign up for Round Robins, please contact the Membership Services desk at (239) 394-9622 ext. 101.
Private Pickleball Lessons
YMCA offers a team of certified Pickleball instructors who specialize in providing a great educational environment for anyone seeking to learn and enjoy pickleball. Stroke mechanics, strategy, mental and physical approaches are explained to increase the enjoyment and success of all who wish to learn. Private lessons, group lessons and clinics available.
Private lessons: Individualized and scheduled to meet your goals and availability. We have 2 Pickleball Pros for you to work with: Jodi Pree and Mae Brown. To book a private lesson with a Pro, please contact the Tennis Office at (239) 394-9622 ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinics with Mae B
- Beginner: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:00-9:00am Members $20 Non-members $35
- Intermediate/Advanced: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1:00-2:00pm & 2:00-3:00pm Members $20 Non-members $35
Afternoon Clinics (Under Covered Area)
- Beginner: Monday/Wednesday 12:00-2:00pm Members $40 Non-members $55
- Intermediate/Advanced: Tuesday 7:30-9:30am Members $40 Non-members $55
Clinics with Jodi P
WANT TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY?
- Pickleball Basics–an intro into the highly addictive game of pickleball. Learn basic rules, proper technique, and skills. This 90-minute clinic is the perfect introduction to pickleball. Jodi will have you playing your very first pickleball games within an hour!
- Mondays 8am-9:30am $30 Marco Y members/$45 Nonmembers If only 2 players, clinic will be 60 mins instead of 90 mins.
- Beyond Basics–for those who have taken Jodi’s Pickleball Basics Clinic but need more confidence on the court. This series helps you transition from a player who reacts to one who starts to understand basic strategy & control. For those interested in gaining confidence, court awareness, and teamwork. Learn & practice your skills and play games under supervision & guidance in a supportive, positive environment.
- Wednesdays 8am-9:30am $30 Marco Y members/$45 Nonmembers If only 2 players, clinic will be 60 mins instead of 90 mins.
Want to take your game to the next level?
- Drills & Skills—Join Jodi immediately following Pb Juniors Mon/Wed or prior to Tuesday and Thursday Round Robin Play for drill, practice, and play. This customized clinic is designed to improve court awareness, consistency, focus, patience, strategy, teamwork, and overcoming obstacles. Various skills include dinking, crosscourt angled dinks, return of serve, serve, ready position, blocking, 3rd shot drop, lob, and overhead smash.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am-9am $20 Marco Y members/$35 Nonmembers Advance Signup Required
Click here for additional information.
To register for a clinic, please contact the Tennis Office at (239) 394-9622 ext. 107.
Our programs provide growing athletes the perfect foundation of skills and focus to help them learn.
Juniors Pickleball Program focuses on developing a lifelong love of sports as children improve their eye-hand & foot-eye coordination, agility, balance, strength, and endurance. Students learn proper stroke production and the rules of the games in a positive, fun, & supportive environment. Previous students also focus on conditioning, strategy, and teamwork as they begin to enjoy competition and tournament play.
Mon/Wed/Fri 3:30-4:30pm $110/month Marco Y members One day a week options available $50/month Marco Y members
Throughout the year, we host several Pickleball tournaments at our facility.
Women’s Doubles: January 23, 2021
Mixed Doubles: February 20, 2021
Men’s Doubles: March 13, 2021
Brackets are 3.0 Skill Level, 3.5 Skill Level, 4.0 Skill Level, 4.5 Skill Level
Sign up with your partner. Contact Mae Brown to register – (772) 332-0880
PICKLEBALL PHOTO GALLERY
For more information please contact:
Tennis & Missions Director
(239) 394-9622 ext. 107