Throughout our history, the Marco Y has supported children and families with a diverse set of programs from health and fitness to educational assistance in out-of-school hours to Early Learning instruction.
The Marco Y focuses on a list of issues that are important to the Marco Island, East Naples and Everglades City communities.
- Financial Need: There is an increase in the demand for financial aid in particular for working families in need of child care.
- Childhood and Adult Obesity: Over the past 30 years the childhood obesity rate has more than doubled for preschool children and adolescents, and more than tripled for children ages 6 to 11 years.
- Water Safety for Youth: Drowning is the leading cause of death for infants and young children in 18 states, including Florida, claiming the life of approximately 4,000 children each year.
- Safe and Affordable Child Care: Families in our service area need quality, nurturing and affordable preschool and school age care for their children, giving them the ducation and confidence necessary to participate in the local economy as adults.
- Literacy Support for ESOL Students and Families: 61.7% of the students we serve come from a home in which English is not the spoken language. There are low income families in need of out-of-school support.
The YMCA of South Collier is so much more than a gym. We are a nonprofit, charitable organization that has served this community for more than 40 years with programs focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Together, we build Strong Kids, Strong Families and Strong Communities. The Y empowers everyone, no matter who they are or where they’re from, by ensuring access to resources, relationships and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, the Y’s goal is to improve overall health and well-being, ignite youth empowerment and demonstrate the importance of connections in our community.
Every day, the Y plays a vital role in supporting various community needs, including school readiness, water safety & drowning prevention and combating chronic diseases. With the support of our donors and community, the Y does not turn anyone away due to their inability to pay, making sure ALL people have the opportunity to thrive.
The Greater Marco Family YMCA is a place where philanthropy, volunteerism and shared commitment come together to make a difference in the community. Our Corporate Partners are a special group of companies and individuals who support the Y’s programs and services designed to give children the building blocks essential for healthy spirit, mind and body. It’s more than goodwill…..It’s Good Business.
The Greater Marco Family YMCA’s Corporate Campaign Program offers a unique opportunity to market you company’s products and services to the local community, while helping the YMCA meet its objectives of:
- Developing, nurturing and expanding philanthropic opportunities Meeting the financial demands generated by the rapid growth of the community.
- Increasing the visibility and accessibility of vital programs and services.
- Fostering collaboration among institutions to better meet the complex challenges facing the community.
- Increasing the number of volunteers engaged in the community.
For 40 years the Marco Y has been committed to helping children, families and the Marco community reach their full potential. Especially important to us is the role we play in the development of children and adolescents in this community. Serving the community needs is at the core of what we do.
As always, thank you for your generous support.