The YMCA is committed to helping young people build bright futures. Through our youth programs, teenagers focus on leadership development, personal growth, service to others, and social development.
We offer activities and programs for teens that provide them with academic assistance and other life skills, all while having fun. Teens feel welcome and have proven success at the Y.
Learn More About Our Teen Leadership Programs at the Marco Y:
- Marco Y & Youth In Government After School Club: Democracy’s Next Generation is a new program at the Y that offers middle and high school students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, learn about local and state government, earn community service hours, work on public speaking skills, find new friends from across the state, and make a real difference for Florida. First meeting is October 12th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Contact: Stephanie Pepper (239) 394-3144 ext 104 or EMAIL.
- Wonder Girls / Y Guys 8th Grade Clubs: All 8th grade young women and men are welcome to participate in the YMCA Team Fitness Program! Seventy-three percent of teens say they want to :Get Strong”. Our Personal Trainers will help you develop an exercise routine and teach how to create good nutritional habits! We collaborate with local business and volunteer all while getting stronger!
- Wonder Girls will meet on Mondays 3:30 – 5:00 pm starting October 16th and running through December 4th. Register HERE. Contact: Hannah Heidenreich, (239) 394-3144 ext 106 or EMAIL.
- Y Guys will meet Fridays 3:45 to – 5:15 pm starting October 20th and running through December 8th. Register HERE. Contact: Lee Pinkham, (239) 394-3144 ext 119 or EMAIL.
- Specialty Camps: Summer is time for adventure and Teen Camps at the Y provide just that.
For more information please contact:
Youth Development Manager
(239) 394-3144 ext 105